See Your Organization with Fresh Eyes
Sometimes, great people, doing great work, are so close to the work that it becomes hard to explain the big picture.
For years, we scratched our heads as dozens of our clients – both for-profit and nonprofit – expressed frustration when it same to articulating their brand. We noticed that this frustration came to a head especially in times of scale and marketing overhauls. Over and over, we heard the same thing:
“We know what we’re doing, and why we’re doing it, but we can’t explain it well. And we certainly can’t articulate our marketing strategy.”
This problem has serious repercussions.
When your staff can’t articulate the brand, it creates a lack of certainty that shows to your beneficiaries and customers. When your marketing strategy is “throw paint at the wall and hope it sticks,” you miss out on critical opportunities, and often end up chasing the wrong things.
We specialize in helping you tell your story better. It’s not only the story that matters; it’s the storyteller.
Beyond consulting, beyond DIYWorking closely to gather knowledge from many perspectives, our Team-Driven process keeps the client in the driver’s seat while providing a fast and efficient process for brand re-envisioning. Clients who have been through this process rave about this method, because it melds client self-understanding with our marketing and outreach expertise — producing a vital bank of knowledge, and laying a collaborative foundation for fresh new ideas in marketing strategy. This is a unique, systematic, introspective process where our team works with your team to make your brand and marketing strategy stronger and more effective.
How It Works
- Getting Started. The client assembles a group of key people – from CEOs to interns – and joins a Stanford Creative branding expert to form a collaborative Research Team. The Research Team meets three separate times virtually. In preparation for each meeting, each Team member complete pre-work independently, without comparing answers. Every person is encouraged to contribute research and understanding.
- Workshop #1: Lay of the Land. The Team systematically conducts research on a present overview of organizational identity. The first phase of work includes investigating the present market landscape, purpose, industry, target market overview, outreach, and self-reflection.
- Workshop #2: In-Depth Focus. The Team examines positioning, offerings, value statements and and niche, competition, and strategic plan.
- Workshop #3: Mobilizing the Brand. After the initial research is compiled, the Team has an in-depth conversation about the desired future state of organizational identity and changes to branding that will accomplish emerging goals. The final workshop concludes with a discussion about industry-specific best practices and creative new ideas for brand implementation.
- Findings. Stanford Creative combines and condenses Team research, summarizes significant findings, and outlines strategy for new branding efforts. Research and findings are also helpful in writing or re-writing website and social media content.
Why It Works
Team-Based Market Research helps key members of your organization take ownership of your brand and lead critical understanding into seeing from vital perspectives. This process works because it gives Teams common language to express marketing goals, refreshes mindsets about branding and outreach, and gets Teams thinking about new possibilities that will reboot presence in the industry landscape.
Branding projects that come out of this research tend to be more authentic and more effective because they are based in collaborative discovery and organizational celebration.
Start the Conversation
Whether you want to discuss a project or do some networking, please drop us a line. We have a no-pressure policy.
If we can be a resource to you, we would like to say hello.